Looking for the best travel quotes to use in your social media captions? Look no further! Here are 150 inspiring travel quotes to use in Instagram or Tik Tok!
I have had a file where I write down the best quotes to use as captions for photos since sixth grade.
Back then we didn’t even have smartphones or Instagram, and would use them on Fotolog posts (yes, that was a thing). Ok, I will admit that sometimes I would also use some of these quotes to send some shade through MSN “personal messages” (IYKYK), but only sometimes.
But why am I telling you that? Because the other day I was looking for some photos to use in a post and I stumbled upon this file. I was pleasantly surprised with how many good quotes I had there, but most of them were not really fit for travel photos… and that’s how I came up with the idea for this post.
Here are 150 travel quotes that you can use as quotes for your social media posts, be them Instagram posts, Facebook posts or even viral videos on Tik Tok.
None of these are my quotes, and I gave credits every time I could find the author. The ones without credit were attributed to “anonymous” or “famous Chinese proverbs” and that kind of stuff. Some of them are from movies, books, or even lyrics, and in these cases I also wrote the titles and authors. Please remember to give credit to the right authors if you use any of those.
150 TRAVEL QUOTES TO USE IN SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
The quotes are divided by these categories:
- Famous travel quotes
- Travel quotes from books
- Travel quotes from movies
- Inspiring Travel Quotes
- Fun Travel Quotes
- Adventure Travel Quotes
- Travel quotes about journeys and roads
- Lyrics Travel Quotes
- Travel quotes by famous people
Famous travel quotes
1. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
2. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
3. When in doubt, travel.
4. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
5. I want to make memories all over the world.
6. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
7. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai lama
8. Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. ― Ibn Battuta, The Travels of Ibn Battutah
9. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. – Aldous Huxley
10. Take only memories, leave only footprints. – Chief Seattle
11. Of all the books in the world, the best stories can be found between the pages of a passport.
12. Travel. The best way to be lost and found all at the same time. – Brenna Smith
13. I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met. – Melody Truong
14. Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon. – Paul Brandt
15. Life is a journey, not a destination.
16. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – Augustine of Hippo
17. Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.
18. Do more than just exist.
19. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch
Travel quotes from books
20. To travel is to live. – Hans Christian Andersen, The Fairy Tale of My Life: An Autobiography
21. I wonder if the ocean smells different on the other side of the world. – J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never
22. Not all those who wander are lost. – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
23. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. – Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 7: 1966-1974
24. Travel far enough, you meet yourself. – David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
25. Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road. – Jack Kerouac, On the Road
26. “Sem dúvida, este foi o maior risco que corri: não partir.” (Without a doubt, this was the highest risk I’ve taken: not leaving.) – Amyr Klink, Cem dias entre o céu e o mar
27. Oh, the place you’ll go… – Dr. Seuss
28. It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world. – John Green, Paper Towns
29. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. – Jack Kerouac
30. I crossed the street to walk in the sunshine. – Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
31. Our footprints always follow us on days when it’s been snowing. They always show us where we’ve been, but never where we’re going. – Winnie the Pooh
32. The best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures. –Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
33. Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing. – Dr. Seuss
Travel quotes from movies
34. Paris is always a good idea. ― Audrey Hepburn
35. To infinity and Beyond. – Toy Story
36. I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell. — Beauty and the Beast
37. Adventure is out there! – UP!
38. See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me. – Moana
39. If I go there’s just no telling how far I’ll go. – Moana
40. If you don’t know where you want to go, then it doesn’t matter which path you take. – Alice in Wonderland
41. I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up. – Titanic
42. To live would be an awfully big adventure. – Peter Pan
43. Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
44. The world is not in your books and maps, it’s out there. — The Hobbit
45. Life is about courage and going into the unknown. – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
46. I didn’t know where I was going until I got there. – Wild
Inspiring travel quotes
47. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow. – Anita Desai
48. Travel brings power and love back into your life. – Jalaluddin Rumi
49. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Gustave Flaubert
50. I go to seek a great perhaps. – Francois Rabelais
51. Make each day a new horizon. – Christopher McCandless
52. Our destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
53. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
54. You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. ― André Gide
55. The world’s big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark. ― John Muir
56. I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. ― Mary Anne Radmacher
57. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
58. A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – William G.T. Shedd
59. Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
60. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet. – Rachel Wolchin
61. Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. – Henry David Thoreau
62. Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.
63. The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself. – Wallace Stevens
64. Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
65. Live your life by a compass not a clock. – Stephen Covey
66. Fill your life with experiences, not thing. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
67. If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. – Cesare Pavese
68. Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell. – Paula Bendfeldt
69. The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends. – Shirley MacLaine
70. Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing. – Barry Finlay
71. The goal is to die with memories not dreams.
72. Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul. – Jaime Lyn
73. I don’t want to not live because of my fear of what could happen. – Laird Hamilton
74. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharlal Nehru
75. The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it. – W.M. Lewis
76. Let your memory be your travel bag. – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
77. To those who stay put, the world is but an imaginary place. But to the movers, the makers, and the shakers, the world is all around, an endless invitation.
78. So much of who we are is where we have been. – William Langewiesche
79. A traveler without observation is a bird without wings. – Moslih Eddin Saadi
80. You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. – Miriam Adeney
81. No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be. – Chuck Thompson
82.Investment in travel is an investment in yourself. – Matthew Karsten
83. Life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better. – Simon Raven
84. Escape and breathe the air of new places.
85. Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world. – David McCullough Jr.
Fun travel quotes
86. I travel a lot: I hate having my lift disrupted by routine. – Caskie Stinnett
87. It Feels Good To Be Lost In The Right Direction.
88. Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station. — Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
89. Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.
90. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. – Freya Stark
91. I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable. – Carew Papritz
92. Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life. ― Michael Palin.
Adventure travel quotes
93. You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong. – Sue Fitzmaurice
94. I’m going on an adventure! ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
95. One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure. – William Feather
96. “Se você acha aventura perigoso, tente a rotina. É mortal.” (If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s mortal.) ― Paulo Coelho
97. Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures. – Lovelle Drachman
98. Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind. – Marty Rubin
99. Travelers are dreamers who made their desire for adventure a reality.
100. It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves. – Andre Gide
101. Life was meant for good friends & great adventures.
102. Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. – Bob Bitchin
103. I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate. – Vincent van Gogh
104. The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure. – Joseph Campbell
105. If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority. – Richard Branson
106. What is life but one grand adventure?
107. Adventure is allowing the unexpected to happen to you. – Richard Aldington
108. The best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures. – Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Travel quotes about journey and road
109. Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost. ― Erol Ozan
110. The road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it. – Chris Humphrey
111. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
112. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to. ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
113. Please understand, I have been waiting to leave ever since I figured out there were roads willing to take me anywhere I wanted to go.
114. Somewhere on your journey don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.
115. Mantenha seus olhos nas estrelas e os pés no chão. (Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.) – Teddy Roosevelt
116. A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles. – Tim Cahill
117. Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination. – Drake
118. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T.S Eliot
119. Still round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate. – J. R. R. Tolkien
120. I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land. – Seneca
121. The best things in life are the people you love, the places you’ve seen, and the memories you’ve made along the way.
122. Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip. – Babs Hoffman
123. It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way! – Penelope Riley
124. The journey not the arrival matters. – T.S. Eliot
Lyrics travel quotes
125. Welcome to New York, it’s been waiting for you. – Taylor Swift
126. Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there is nothing you can’t do. ― Alicia Keys, Empire State of Mind
127. These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you. ― Alicia Keys, Empire State of Mind
128. Long live all the magic we made, long live all the mountains we moved. ― Taylor Swift, Long Live
129. Pack a bag, say goodbye, all we know is go, go, go.― Against the Current, Young and Relentless
130. When the sun comes up I will leave, this is my last glance that will soon be memory. ― Maroon 5, Daylight
131. And I think to myself, What a wonderful world. – Louis Armstrong
132. The earth has its music for those who will listen. – George Santayana
133. I can’t imagine a life without breathless moments. – Selena Gomez, The Heart Want What it Wants
Travel quotes by famous people
134. I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring. – David Bowie
135. It seems that the more places I see and experience, the bigger I realize the world to be. – Anthony Bourdain
136. Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you. – Ewan Mcgregor
137. Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry. – Jack Kerouac
138. Viajar não é uma questão de dinheiro, mas de coragem. (Living is not a matter of money, but of courage.) — Paulo Coelho.
139. Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. – Benjamin Disraeli
140. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret. – Oscar Wilde
141. In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take. – Lewis Carroll
142. We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost. – Ray Bradbury
143. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream. ― Ray Bradbury
144. All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us. – J.R.R. Tolkien
145. Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. – Carl Sagan
146. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist. – Oscar Wilde
147. Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life. – Dolly Parton
148. Esse não era um lugar estranho, era um lugar novo. (This wasn’t a strange place, it was a new place.) – Paulo Coelho
149. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
150. Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do, like breathing. – Gayle Foreman
And there you go, 150 travel quotes to use in your social media posts. Now you can’t say you don’t know what to write in the caption, ok?
Know about any other good travel quotes? Let me know in the comments!